• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration is not out of control, says Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigration is not out of control, says Brown

There you go.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ma...l-gordon-brown
    Step outside posh boy

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Well he is right... Unless you trust everything the Daily Mail spoon feed people

Comment

He's right... vultures also leave a carcass to rot when all the meat has gone.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Phew! I'm glad he cleared up that little misunderstanding!

I feel much better now and will be voting Labour.

Comment

No need to read the article as the recession and the crap rate of the pound both Brown's policies helped with that.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So immigration (excluding EU) (excluding work visas) (excluding illegals) (excluding over-stays) is down to just over 140,000 per year, and that supposing does not cause any problems. (140,000 is about the population of Bournemouth.) So there are no issues of expanding at that rate, no extra housing needed, no extra infrastructure no extra jobs needed.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You've got to vote Gordon Brown back into power. The man is such a buffoon; the comedy value is outstanding.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                So immigration (excluding EU) (excluding work visas) (excluding illegals) (excluding over-stays) is down to just over 140,000 per year, and that supposing does not cause any problems. (140,000 is about the population of Bournemouth.) So there are no issues of expanding at that rate, no extra housing needed, no extra infrastructure no extra jobs needed.
                Well said sir. Though Bournemouth is quite nice - I see 140,000 as two more Lutons every year.

Don't forget traffic congestion.

Comment

Er, haven't the UK statistics authority raised a protest about Brown misrepresenting the figures?

Comment

Some of that 140,000 would be spouses - so called family sponsorship. So wouldn't necessarily translate into jobs, houses etc. Most of the overstays in the country are actually by Americans and Australians...and illegals, well, somebody's gotta pick the vegetables.

Still seems a bit though 140,000 - should we not encourage more Brits to leave thus balancing things out?
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X