• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rush Hour Traffic!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush Hour Traffic!

Drove from Münster (gig no.1, and thats Münster, Germany not Munster, Ireland) down to Köln (Cologne) for gig no.2 today and the rush hour in Köln just has to be believed. It took me 1 hour just to go 4 kilometers! No wonder Germans drive like loonies on the motorway if you have to put up with that each day. When I drive into London its easier
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Thinking about it, tomorrow will probably be worse. Drive the 4 kms into the center of Köln, do a few hours work and then drive over to the other side of Köln for a meeting to set up a deal I'm working on (possible gig no.3) and then back to Darmstadt on the A3 which will be hell. Its Easter weekend which means everyone will be packing kids, dog and granny into the family wagon and then sitting at on the Autobahn, tulip!
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Drove from Münster (gig no.1, and thats Münster, Germany not Munster, Ireland) down to Köln (Cologne) for gig no.2 today and the rush hour in Köln just has to be believed. It took me 1 hour just to go 4 kilometers! No wonder Germans drive like loonies on the motorway if you have to put up with that each day. When I drive into London its easier
      Are you sure there wasn't an accident?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Should be OK tomorrow, it's "Whipping Thursday" most people will have the day off.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Are you sure there wasn't an accident?
          Nope. Looking down the Rhine, all the bridges seemed to be chocka and as I was driving into the city all the roads out were stuck. Asked the receptionist in the hotel and she said it was normal

Comment

Working...
          X