• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hay, NAT, change your priorities

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hay, NAT, change your priorities

Instead of joining in slagging off RH and locking threads discussing what happened, how about unbanning cojak?

Or is heavy-handed, stomping about still your preferred approach to moderating too?

FFS.
    You know what you wanna do with that right, you wanna put a bangin' donk on it!
    Put a donk on it!

I locked the thread to keep discussion in one place. Thought that might be helpful. Sorry if it doesn't meet your high standards.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The problem is that admin promised changes then didn't deliver.

We (the members) need to know what the rules are and then know how we will be subjected to moderation. You (the mods) need them too so protect you. Until that is fixed this disruption will continue. After all, admin likes this place aggressive, so don't be surprised when you mods are on the receiving end of it. IT people are intelligent rule-followers; but when the rules are vague we will push to the boundaries.

Suggestion:

since admin is up to his/her eyeballs, and cojak has a little free time, how about cojak knocking up some rules (what General is for, what LR is for, what is acceptable behaviour in each) and getting some sensible old hands to review them (zeity could do with something to do during the working day) then having them issued before the end of the weekend?

Even some bad rules would be better than the current anarchy.
      You know what you wanna do with that right, you wanna put a bangin' donk on it!
      Put a donk on it!

Comment

I would just like to counter some of the above drivel with a view from the silent majority:

We quite like the new moderation.

And from my own point of view:

Banning Churchill should be done more often. It does him good, and he gets on with some work.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          I would just like to counter some of the above drivel with a view from the silent majority:

We quite like the new moderation.

And from my own point of view:

Banning Churchill should be done more often. It does him good, and he gets on with some work.

HTH

Silent majority?

Can't hear you.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Well it seems NAT's priorities *have* changed, because what I'm seeing is a departure from his commitment to improving the quality of posts here, in favour of siding with the touchy feely crowd.
            Thanks for the support, mate.

Comment

As stated, either way there are currently no furum rules, s sticky with some of these posted would me more helpful than the current state of tulip being moderated here.
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Well it seems NAT's priorities *have* changed, because what I'm seeing is a departure from his commitment to improving the quality of posts here, in favour of siding with the touchy feely crowd.

Yeah, but ffs - that thread was in place before we began. sp and admin had already condoned it. You've not only overstepped the mark, but are accelerating... I can only assume you've a bad hangover. Or did you have vodka with your cornflakes (again).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Yeah, but ffs - that thread was in place before we began. sp and admin had already condoned it. You've not only overstepped the mark, but are accelerating... I can only assume you've a bad hangover. Or did you have vodka with your cornflakes (again).
                  *gets comfortable*

*sips coffee*

*waits*
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Oh grow a pair. Admin should at least appreciate the moves were in line with what we discussed. It may have got a little heated last night but I'm not taking this from you of all people.
                    It's possible that a little Armagnac may have coloured my judgement but I stand by my decisions. I'm not in the best of moods this morning so let's take this offline, don't want a repeat performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X