• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racist in the workplace.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racist in the workplace.

I've just found out that, someone who I worked with at a previous client, will also be working at the new client site Im at.

Nothing special in that but, this character is really, really obnoxious and a racist to boot. Every other word that comes out of his mouth is 'F' this, 'F' that. The other words are the 'N' word, 'coon' and 'black bastards.'

I really dont know how this guy manages to find work but that's another matter. I dont want to be associated with this person.

What should I do if Im asked about this person seeing as we 'worked' at the same client site previously?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Damn him with non-committal answers.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      I've just found out that, someone who I worked with at a previous client, will also be working at the new client site Im at.

Nothing special in that but, this character is really, really obnoxious and a racist to boot. Every other word that comes out of his mouth is 'F' this, 'F' that. The other words are the 'N' word, 'coon' and 'black bastards.'

I really dont know how this guy manages to find work but that's another matter. I dont want to be associated with this person.

What should I do if Im asked about this person seeing as we 'worked' at the same client site previously?
      Watch yourself mate, he might be a Mason!

Churchill - In "MF Ignorance" mode!

Comment

It's just some bloke who happened to be at the same site as you. It's not your life partner.

Is he any good at his job (dispite being a knob)?

Comment

Is he OK with Asians / Indians?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

If they ask, tell them what he is like.

We had one (contractor) like that once, we had a word with the relevant people and he was gone after a day.

There is no place for that in the workplace, you need to behave professionally however bigoted and idiotic your private opinions.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              It's just some bloke who happened to be at the same site as you. It's not your life partner.

Is he any good at his job (dispite being a knob)?
              No. He really is ******* tulipe. And that's not just my opinion of him.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                If they ask, tell them what he is like.

We had one (contractor) like that once, we had a word with the relevant people and he was gone after a day.

There is no place for that in the workplace, you need to behave professionally however bigoted and idiotic your private opinions.
                I agre. He came out with the 'N' word in the office when no permie's were in earshot. I told him that wasnt acceptable and he just laughed.

Comment

Separate your assessment of him as a worker from your opinion of him as a person. Answer questions on the first honestly, without laying yourself open to any come-back. Deflect questions on the latter, you shouldn't be being asked them.

Comment

Just steer clear of him if you can.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X