• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Mate...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mate...

....told me this afternoon that I should check out Mumsnet, as it's been even funnier than usual this week due to a bunch of contractor geeks infiltrating them.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

By the way, Ducky's DP still can't get it up !

Comment

Poor fella.

She said that some of them are still on the site. My logon doesn't allow me to post anymore!
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Don't forget the first rule of CUK - you do not talk about CUK

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post

Don't forget the first rule of CUK - you do not talk about CUK
          I admitted it in the end and she was peeing herself laughing. She had no idea I even knew what a forum was. She is well into it all and has been gossiping with a lot of the MN regulars about us all.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              I admitted it in the end and she was peeing herself laughing. She had no idea I even knew what a forum was. She is well into it all and has been gossiping with a lot of the MN regulars about us all.
              Outstanding
              Me, me, me...

Comment

We are now in their "Talk Round-up"

We had a bit of a cross-forum rumpus this week, when some naughty boys from the 'CUK' IT contractor forum bustled onto the Talk boards in true Mrs Doubtfire style and got into a lather when they discovered that Mumsnet doesn't ban rude words. It all left MadamDeathstare fuming: "The way some of them go on about women and mothers makes me wonder if they have actually met a woman or if they were raised in a veal pen." Others didn't object to an occasional troll-invasion: "Couldn't we treat it as some kind of foreign exchange?" offered DuelingFanjo. Some of the chaps returned to beg for mercy: "Our admin has filtered out every possible swear word," bleated MrsFullyautomatix, "we are even forced to say 'tulip' when we actually mean 'sh*t'." "The thing about Mumsnet is that there are so many valid reasons for us to talk about sex (TTC), tulip (potty training) and breasts (feeding) that there is absolutely no point trying to moderate our language," pointed out GrimmaTheNome sensibly. "And there are gardening threads, so you need to know you're planting a tulip rather than a euphemism."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  We are now in their "Talk Round-up"

We had a bit of a cross-forum rumpus this week, when some naughty boys from the 'CUK' IT contractor forum bustled onto the Talk boards in true Mrs Doubtfire style and got into a lather when they discovered that Mumsnet doesn't ban rude words. It all left MadamDeathstare fuming: "The way some of them go on about women and mothers makes me wonder if they have actually met a woman or if they were raised in a veal pen." Others didn't object to an occasional troll-invasion: "Couldn't we treat it as some kind of foreign exchange?" offered DuelingFanjo. Some of the chaps returned to beg for mercy: "Our admin has filtered out every possible swear word," bleated MrsFullyautomatix, "we are even forced to say 'tulip' when we actually mean 'sh*t'." "The thing about Mumsnet is that there are so many valid reasons for us to talk about sex (TTC), tulip (potty training) and breasts (feeding) that there is absolutely no point trying to moderate our language," pointed out GrimmaTheNome sensibly. "And there are gardening threads, so you need to know you're planting a tulip rather than a euphemism."
                  Ha! Brilliant. She was asking me do I type Tulip rather than swearing. I think that point has really quite tickled the mummies.

She's going to tell them it's not all men on here.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    She's going to tell them it's not all men on here.
                    She can say that again!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X