• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cleethorpes/Grimsby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleethorpes/Grimsby

Took a potter around this weekend. Wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Houses everywhere seemed in very good nick (excellent prices too), streets were far cleaner and attractive than London, and the sea-front wasn't packed with chavi-gans. Only surprising thing was how few holiday-makers were there - I won't be investing in a b&b business there anytime soon! But it could be a decent place for a cheap retirement home. Access to the net, sea views on sunny days, cheap cost of living - what more do you want?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Ah, Cleethorpes where the wind is so bracing. And if it changes direction to come from Pywipe you understand why there's not so many holiday-makers in Grimsby.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Cleethorpes - Got everything the bleeding dagoes have got plus you don't have to learn their stupid language (Monty Python's Big Red Book)
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Took a potter around this weekend. Wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Houses everywhere seemed in very good nick (excellent prices too), streets were far cleaner and attractive than London, and the sea-front wasn't packed with chavi-gans. Only surprising thing was how few holiday-makers were there - I won't be investing in a b&b business there anytime soon! But it could be a decent place for a cheap retirement home. Access to the net, sea views on sunny days, cheap cost of living - what more do you want?
        Not to live in Cleethorpes or Grimsby. There's a reason those houses are cheap; no bugger wants to live there.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          Not to live in Cleethorpes or Grimsby. There's a reason those houses are cheap; no bugger wants to live there.
          I suspect it's more down to the demise of jobs and the old employers - whether in tourism or the fishing industry. But if you're retiring it seems quite a good choice given the prices, unless you want a sea warm enough to swim in ! Plenty of nice places to visit nearby too eg the Lincolnshire Wolds, Lincoln.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Best bunch of perves in the country too. You don't knew how varied sex can be until you have read the stories on a Cleethorpes bog wall.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              The smell of fish?
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

B&B's survive off workers serving the industry just along the Humber. Steels (Fish and Chips restaurant/cafe) Haddock and Chips is excellent if a bit pricey, the town is a dump though.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  B&B's survive off workers serving the industry just along the Humber. Steels (Fish and Chips restaurant/cafe) Haddock and Chips is excellent if a bit pricey, the town is a dump though.
                  Funny, I thought most were glorified dole Hostels.

There're people that work there?
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    Funny, I thought most were glorified dole Hostels.

There're people that work there?
                    Yes, used to work up there sometimes myself.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X