• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote swapping/pairing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote swapping/pairing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vote_pairing
    Vote pairing (or vote swapping, as it has also been called) is the method where a voter in one district agrees to vote tactically for a less-preferred candidate or party who has a greater chance of winning in their district, in exchange for a voter from another district voting tactically for the candidate the first voter prefers, because that candidate has a greater possibility of winning in that district
    It's not something I knew of until recently, is it legal? Anyone here done it?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    How do you think Labour got such a whopping majority in 1997 despite only winning 43% of the vote - a bigger majority than Thatcher got in 1979 depsite Thatcher getting a higher share of the vote.

At the time, there was such anti-Tory feeling that many Labour / LD voters were voting tactically - basically voting for the opposite candidate if they were more likely to beat the Tory candidate.

Comment

It's not much use in the UK. Tactical voting is though.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sounds a bit like the Prisoner's Dilemma though, in that players can easily cheat.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X