• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Went to the Natural History Museum today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the Natural History Museum today

What a spiffing, jam-packed place it is too!

Too busy to see the dinosaurs but everything else was brill.

I'm working tomorrow, but hoping to hit the British Museum on Wednesday (hopefully it'll be a bit less busy).
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    What a spiffing, jam-packed place it is too!

Too busy to see the dinosaurs but everything else was brill.

I'm working tomorrow, but hoping to hit the British Museum on Wednesday (hopefully it'll be a bit less busy).
    I've not been to either in far too many years, I'm sure both are still absolutely fantastic.
    I admit to being a bit of a museum freak though, I love wandering round them.

Comment

Was there a butterfly exhibit? I am sure I read something about one being opened or might have imagined it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
        Was there a butterfly exhibit? I am sure I read something about one being opened or might have imagined it.
        There was but I think it was temporary. I went to see the Terracotta Warriors at the British museum and they were wonderful, but my favourite exhibit is the Gayer-Anderson cat - not necesarily for the sculpture but for the story behind it.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I didn't see a butterfly exhibit, but that''s not so say it wasn't there - I wanted to see the Blue whale and the Earth floors, so didn't see all of it.

Oh - and is anyone around for a pint tomorrow?

Hmm?

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

<cough>
            +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Splendid!

Comment

Ooooo thanks. Just googling and it is there till the 26th of September. Am so tempted. Might take my young cousins as it looks like fun.

Can't do drinks this week as have lots of leaving do's happening this week at work. Would love to catch up with everyone as have disappeared off the face of the earth lately. Did see norrahe a few weeks back though which was lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  Ooooo thanks. Just googling and it is there till the 26th of September. Am so tempted. Might take my young cousins as it looks like fun.

Can't do drinks this week as have lots of leaving do's happening this week at work. Would love to catch up with everyone as have disappeared off the face of the earth lately. Did see norrahe a few weeks back though which was lovely.
                  We'll all get something sorted and the weekly drinks will start again, giving you more options
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X