• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bye Bye Gordon Countdown Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bye Bye Gordon Countdown Thread

31 days to go.

Bye Bye Gordon.
    Last edited by moorfield; 6 April 2010, 05:56.

I'm waiting for AtWs "Official" thread...

Comment

Good riddance.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        31 days to go.

Bye Bye Gordon.
        I don't think that is so certain.

I think a lot will depend on the Q1 GDP announcement on the 23rd of April. If it shows the economy shrinking again, and that is looking increasingly less likely, I think the Conservatives will be able to sink every argument Labour has on the economy.

If however, the figure shows growth greater than the previous quarter then I think Labour stand a chance of winning. A sort of better the devil you know result, a bit like 1992.

I see William Hill still have an outright Labour victory at 8-1 and you can get 15-1 on Betfair. I am the unluckiest gambler out there so perhaps I should have a bet to seal the result for you.

Comment

Well, with the huge public sector monster, benefit culture monster that Gordon has created, he might well walk away again with a majority.

Simple logic suggests that hard working private sector employees will simply not vote but the workshy scroungers and public sector mugs will all go and vote the one eyed monster back in again so that they can continue to cling on to the gravy train.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Well, with the huge public sector monster, benefit culture monster that Gordon has created, he might well walk away again with a majority.

Simple logic suggests that hard working private sector employees will simply not vote but the workshy scroungers and public sector mugs will all go and vote the one eyed monster back in again so that they can continue to cling on to the gravy train.
            Aye.

I don't know why I'm complaining. I don't pay any T and yet have exploited the NHS for some treatment (paid enough over the years without using it).
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

He's just left Downing Street on the way to the palace.Thank God for the BBC (the only quality programme makers in the world, apparently) for showing it live.

What happens if The Queen says no?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                What happens if The Queen says no?
                Gordon gets another five years.

Comment

He's there now. Apparently parliment is going to be "peroged".
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Stupid man in the pub "logic" not founded on any research facts or evidence suggests to stupid people with no brains that hard working private sector employees will simply not vote but the workshy scroungers and public sector mugs will all go and vote the one eyed monster back in again so that they can continue to cling on to the gravy train.
                    Fixed

Comment

Working...
                    X