• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Agent's Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Agent's Day

I've been wondering what a typical agents chronological work day is like.

I notice I often get a few calls first thing but rarely in the afternoon. So what are they doing in the PM?

What is their order of battle? Anyone know?

Stroll in 11am, bother a few contractors, Midday, pub, go home......

Comment

well when i was a dirty agent it started at about 7

first job was to phone the lazy flippers who had not gone to work to find out why

second job was to then find new people to replace lazy flippers where required

then at 9 it was a case of hit the phones and drum up some business

day normally finished around 6-6.30 after calling lazy flippers to make sure they are in work tomorrow.

i admit i did not work in IT recruitment

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        well when i was a dirty agent it started at about 7

first job was to phone the lazy flippers who had not gone to work to find out why

second job was to then find new people to replace lazy flippers where required

then at 9 it was a case of hit the phones and drum up some business

day normally finished around 6-6.30 after calling lazy flippers to make sure they are in work tomorrow.

i admit i did not work in IT recruitment
        You were phoning people at 7am to find out why they weren't at work? I'd have told you in no uncertain terms why the flip I wasn't at work yet!

Comment

yeah -- some of them should have started at 6.....

at one point the manager/owner had the great idea of calling them all at 5 to get them to work

that idea did not last long I can tell you!!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            yeah -- some of them should have started at 6.....

at one point the manager/owner had the great idea of calling them all at 5 to get them to work

that idea did not last long I can tell you!!

I see what you mean about not working in IT recruitment. I get in at 9:30 and I'm one of the early ones, lazy flippers!

Comment

Somehow I have avoided time-wasting agents so far... the ones I have interacted with seem to often work to 6-7pm.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Somehow I have avoided time-wasting agents so far... the ones I have interacted with seem to often work to 6-7pm.
                There are a few that work at home and work a late or split shift. Often those with kids.

Comment

Originally posted by JimBobTwoTeeth View Post
                  I've been wondering what a typical agents chronological work day is like.

I notice I often get a few calls first thing but rarely in the afternoon. So what are they doing in the PM?

What is their order of battle? Anyone know?
                  Phoning me, I seem to get most agent calls in the afternoon... not saying that they haven't bothered putting your CV forward or anything...
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
                    Stroll in 11am, bother a few contractors, Midday, pub, go home......
                    I adore your sig.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X