• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great Business Idea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Business Idea

Just had a mega brain wave... imagine....

a website with ratings, reviews and recommended agents. We can have like a top 10 chart of all the agencies broken down by region and then you can see individual reviews.

What do you think?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    What do you think?
    I think it's been discussed before a few times on CUK and decided that it wasn't a particularly good idea - one man's meat is another man's poison.

Plus, you have the potential problem of libellous comments....
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
      I think it's been discussed before a few times on CUK and decided that it wasn't a particularly good idea - one man's meat is another man's poison.

+1 for it being a fast track to threats of writs for libel

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
        What, like CP are sh!te?
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I got threats from an estate agency a few months ago for giving them bad press. What is it with Agents? It doesn't even matter what industry they work in, they all the same.

Comment

+1 for it being a fast track to threats of writs for libel
            what if it is moderated or you try and keep it scientific e.g. numeric ratings rather than actual comments?

Comment

Just had a mega brain wave... imagine....

a website with ratings, reviews and recommended agents. We can have like a top 10 chart of all the agencies broken down by region and then you can see individual reviews.

What do you think?
              You're joking, right?
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

what if it is moderated or you try and keep it scientific e.g. numeric ratings rather than actual comments?
                It wouldn't work.

For example:

I'd give a blanket score of -1 for every agent in the known universe.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I got threats from an estate agency a few months ago for giving them bad press. What is it with Agents? It doesn't even matter what industry they work in, they all the same.
                  Tell me about it!
                  I know this one knob of an agent, who we'll call "james". Different girl every week, although they do seem to see sense and dissappear.
                  He's always "going abroad" but can never say what for cause it "secret like".
                  Last time I saw him I was at a mates barbeque... the tosser turned up in a ******* tuxedo!
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

There used to be one. There are at least half a dozen posts on the previous CUK board relating to it. No, I can't be bothered to find them. No, I can't remember the name. Yes, I believe it got shut down due to libel comments on it.

Go for it though. I believe now is a great time and as long as the posters remain anonymous, then you'd be libel, not us.

Hays. Tossers!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X