• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nannying?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nannying?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4595788.stm

People could be evicted from their own homes for three months if they are nuisance neighbours, under a new action plan for Tony Blair's "respect agenda".
    The plan would also allow the public to grill police about anti-social behaviour and demand tougher action.

And there will be more use of parenting orders and classes for parents.

The prime minister denied the plans were a "gimmick" and said they would help "take back the streets for the law-abiding majority.

Home Secretary Charles Clarke said there would be an "explicit focus on changing the culture of society".

Among other measures in the plan are:

More parenting courses, with more agencies able to impose parenting orders on those parents who refuse to take up help when their children are "out of control"

A "national parenting academy", to train social workers, clinical psychologists, community safety officers and youth justice workers about advising parents

Possible new fixed penalty notices and injunctions against anti-social behaviour.

FFS, is Britain so degenerate now that the governments job is now to "train" the public how to behave themselves?

Clearly it is.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

And what happens to families evicted from their own homes for three months? No doubt the local council will be required to put them up somewhere else at great expense to the taxpayer.

Still, that's joined up government for you.

Comment

I'll bet that none of the parenting teachers have their own kids.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Home Secretary Charles Clarke said there would be an "explicit focus on changing the culture of society".
          Hang on a minute, didn't Chairman Mao say something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            Hang on a minute, didn't Chairman Mao say something like that?
            What would you do?

My partners mother is a deputy head teacher, she has had her nose broken by a 10 year old child, the children swear, smash, bully, steal and what do the parents do? Come in to complain about the harsh treatment.

People used to be able to bring children up, communities used to police themselves, nowadays nobody gives a fook.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              What would you do?

My partners mother is a deputy head teacher, she has had her nose broken by a 10 year old child, the children swear, smash, bully, steal and what do the parents do? Come in to complain about the harsh treatment.

People used to be able to bring children up, communities used to police themselves, nowadays nobody gives a fook.
              I think my point is not that out of control children are desirable but that attempts to change a culture once it is embedded are doomed to failure unless you are prepared to deploy Chairman Mao style measures, i.e. kill non-conformers.

As I don't think this is what is being proposed I think this will turn out to be a programme that spends a great deal of taxpayers' money but achieves nothing.

Comment

Conscription for the terminally stupid aged over 16.

Off to 3rd world countries to sort out any tulip that's going down, thus removing the Chavs from the gene pool.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  Conscription for the terminally stupid aged over 16.

Off to 3rd world countries to sort out any tulip that's going down, thus removing the Chavs from the gene pool.
                  Excellent plan Dim although I wouldn't have added the 'over 16' bit

Comment

Cleaning up our act

I welcome this intervention. There's nothing worse than men spitting in the street, litter louts tossing tins and rubbish in the street or out of car windows, noisy neighbours blaring out rock music through thin walls late at night, intimidating drunks rolling out of pubs etc.

A bit of consideration for others is vital for a workable society. No one should have the right to behave as though they're the only person in the world with that ominous 'I'll do what I want and don't give a damn about anyone else' mentality of old.

This is one thing (the only thing) that Blair has got right - good luck to him and to the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                    X