• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broadband tax and Cider duty axed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadband tax and Cider duty axed?

On the BBC live coverage I found this

Also on Newsnight, some details have begun to emerge of legislation being dropped by Labour ahead of the election. We're currently in a period known as the "wash-up" when last-minute policies can be squeezed onto the statute book - or allowed to slide. Our correspondent Michael Crick says the broadband tax on homes with landline telephones and the 10% rise in cider duty will both effectively fall by the wayside.

This is news to me. Both of these caused me considerable anger at the way Labour was trying to tax the middle class. And now the news that they have dropped it? Does this mean they knew it was not popular? But still tried to sneak it in? Scumbags.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Yippee. No Cider tax.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
      Yippee. No Cider tax.
      Yipee - that my vote going to Cyclops then .............................. not

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Does this mean they knew it was not popular? But still tried to sneak it in? Scumbags.
        No, it just means that they have traded them for something else.

Probably dropped the broadband tax to get the agreement on the rest of the Digital Economy bill, and introduce the "three strikes and we cut you off" legislation that also gives the Minister for State the power to amend the Copyright laws without needing any parliamentary discussion.

Democracy in action, folks.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X