• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Druids: Get a Grip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Druids: Get a Grip

I've met a lot of modern Druids over the years, usually during Solstice and Equinox gatherings at places like Stonehenge, Police roadblocks in the vicinity of Stonehenge, Avebury, Silbury Hill, West Kennet Long Barrow's burial chambers, and so forth.

They are lovely people, but they really need to get a grip.

I mean, what is all this nonsense about?

They have no more of a "cultural connection" with a child that was interred at Avebury 3,700 years ago than does Robert Mugabe.

Pull yourselves together, people!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've met a lot of modern Druids over the years, usually during Solstice and Equinox gatherings at places like Stonehenge, Police roadblocks in the vicinity of Stonehenge, Avebury, Silbury Hill, West Kennet Long Barrow's burial chambers, and so forth.

They are lovely people, but they really need to get a grip.

I mean, what is all this nonsense about?

They have no more of a "cultural connection" with a child that was interred at Avebury 3,700 years ago than does Robert Mugabe.

Pull yourselves together, people!
    Would you say the same of Christians and some bloke who was nailed to a piece of wood? Or Moslems and some old bloke who liked little girls?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Would you say the same of Christians and some bloke who was nailed to a piece of wood? Or Moslems and some old bloke who liked little girls?
      Yes. Next question

Anyway, do the Pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury go around claiming to have rights over 42,000-year-old remains from Haifa because Jesus was born about thirty miles away? I think not

Comment

Yes. Next question

Anyway, do the Pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury go around claiming to have rights over 42,000-year-old remains from Haifa because Jesus was born about thirty miles away? I think not
        The Jews did with Israel...

Christians have done for years with various "relics" although not quite of that level of Antiquity - but you have to remember that Christianity is a relatively young religion.

Comment

42,000 year old remains would pre-date Christianity so wouldn't be any business of the Pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury.

In fact, 42,000 year old remains would pre-date the Garden of Eden so would be quite a challenge for them to have an opinion on.

Comment

Working...
          X