• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I was offered £50

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was offered £50

to sit in a studio (at the Beeb?) via some woman from MORI to watch some sort of political debate next Thursday and then give my opinions.
    I had to decline as I will be back at work next Thursday, but had i not been I think I'd have gone along.

So they were canvassing in St Anns Sq in Manchester if anyone's interested
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

They are desperate if they are paying people.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      to sit in a studio (at the Beeb?) via some woman from MORI to watch some sort of political debate next Thursday and then give my opinions.
      I had to decline as I will be back at work next Thursday, but had i not been I think I'd have gone along.

So they were canvassing in St Anns Sq in Manchester if anyone's interested
      Was it this?

THURSDAY, 15 APRIL - TV DEBATE
      ITV hosts the first of three 90 minute debates, from 8.30pm to 10pm, with Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Nick Clegg. The theme will be domestic affairs, although as with the other two debates it will broaden out into a general discussion with questions from viewers. Alistair Stewart is in the chair and the venue will be in the North West of England.
      It could be interesting to be part of the first one of them in the UK even if your only participation is to answer questions on what you thought of the parties before and after the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        Was it this?

It could be interesting to be part of the first one of them in the UK even if your only participation is to answer questions on what you thought of the parties before and after the debate.
        That sounds like it, like I said If I'd been at home I'd have done it, just for the experience and also as an utterly disillusioned voter, It may have given me some idea who the heck to vote for!

Comment

It may have given me some idea who the heck to vote for!
          Nope you would have worked out they all are just full of hot air.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Nope you would have worked out they all are just full of hot air.
            >SIGH< I know, I know...
            I sense another spoilt ballot paper

Comment

They have started to pay for pseudo crowds now ??

Next we will hear all the cheering that Gordon gets where ever he goes was all paid simulated stuff.

Where do we draw the line ?
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

>SIGH< I know, I know...
                I wish we could get a majority vote for "you are all tulipe (or tulip)"

Comment

>SIGH< I know, I know...
                  This election is the first that I will vote in where my vote might actually count.

Been Labour since 1935. Hasn't elected a Conservative in 100 years, but might (if people vote tactically, which they probably won't because they are too thick to understand) go Lib Dem this time.
                  If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                    This election is the first that I will vote in where my vote might actually count.

Been Labour since 1935. Hasn't elected a Conservative in 100 years, but might (if people vote tactically, which they probably won't because they are too thick to understand) go Lib Dem this time.
                    Pompous much?

Comment

Working...
                    X