• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Elan IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elan IT

Thank you very much for your (unsolicited) calls this morning.

Unfortunately I couldn't understand your Indian telephone operators.

Hint: If you're going to employ someone to make telephone calls on your behalf, FFS make sure that they can communicate effectively - preferably in English!

The best form of racism is that which is thinly veiled by a veneer of sincerity.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelOfTheNorth View Post
      The best form of racism is that which is thinly veiled by a veneer of sincerity.
      Racist? How?

Comment

I don't like people calling me unsolicited, but I especially dislike it when I can't understand what they are saying because of their foreign accent. Since the call is unsolicited, I feel little or no obligation to try harder to understand.

If that's racist, get the cuffs, it's a fair cop.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          I don't like people calling me unsolicited, but I especially dislike it when I can't understand what they are saying because of their foreign accent. Since the call is unsolicited, I feel little or no obligation to try harder to understand.

If that's racist, get the cuffs, it's a fair cop.
          I can barely understands Scots or people from Bolton, but I doubt the OP would have complained with this post had he received a call from someone 'up norf'.

Comment

Ah ha Elan: you ought to hear them trying to speak Danish. Had a bizarre encounter where I had to keep correcting them until I got the gist of what it was they were trying to say: the client insists on perfect Danish.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I can barely understands Scots or people from Bolton, but I doubt the OP would have complained with this post had he received a call from someone 'up norf'.
              You're damned right, now why would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                You're damned right, now why would that be?
                Because you drink shandy?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Quite the opposite, being a Northener from the correct side of the Pennines.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Quite the opposite, being a Northener from the correct side of the Pennines.
                    Churchill's right,I think you'll find that it's them there southerners that like a "Lager top" ????? and the stereo typical northerner prefers a good pint of real ale without all that chemical sh!te.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X