• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you need a friend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you need a friend?

I received a mail today asking me to sign up to this site. (I have changed the link as I don't want to be seen as promoting the site)
    www.contrxxxxxfriend.co.uk

Anyone else?

"As a contractor you will know how important it is to stay up to date with the latest legislation and other information affecting your industry. That’s why we’ve launched www.contrxxxxxfriend.co.uk , a fresh informative site uncluttered by advertising, which provides a wealth of information, and best of all access is absolutely, 100% free!"

How are they making money

"We’ve provided a forum on our site because we believe there is value in sharing experiences and advice, you can pose or answer questions, or share your contracting experiences with other contractors"

Somewhere for our Banned members to go, or maybe a busmans holiday
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

I visited ITcontractor earlier today. It used to be called NamesFaecesPlaces.

What was interesting was that they had 1000s of members but actually no posts. When I looked I noticed that loads of the posters on here from CUK were actually on there. But had never posted.

So what was interesting was, either the boys at CUK sold their list of members to Gerry or he scraped it or it's pure coincidence.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      "We’ve provided a forum on our site because we believe there is value in sharing experiences and advice, you can pose or answer questions, or share your contracting experiences with other contractors"
      Their highest poster(s) have 2 posts each, spread over 9 threads. Most recent post was 11th March, and there are some from July that have never been answered (e.g. who should I use to setup my company?)

Wouldn't you think that the admin / owners would at least answer some of the routine things to start making it look busy?

Mind you, everyone has to start somewhere
      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Is it just me, or are there some really ugly fuglies in IT?
        Last edited by administrator; 8 April 2010, 12:03. Reason: Link removed
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Is it just me, or are there some really ugly fuglies in IT?

http://www.contractorfriend.co.uk/index.php?/experts/
          Bit mean, they're not that bad.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Arses.

Smacked.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

<cough>registered</cough>

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Arses.

Smacked.
                Why? Are we being naughty??
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Why? Are we being naughty??
                  I think CJ was referring to their faces.

Bulldog & wasp come to mind.

Comment

It's boring - it's got no bear pit

All seems far too sensible.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X