• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who talk to themselves in work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who talk to themselves in work

Got moved to a new desk on Monday and I am now sitting beside a woman that continually talks to herself at her desk.

Driving me up the wall.

Perhaps she not talking to herself but talking to the 7 foot high purple chicken that you cant see?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Weird... I'm currently sat next to a bint that constantly talks to herself and/or the computer

Just take it as the random firings of neurons perculiar to the female brain - quite why that should result in verbalisation is a mystery
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Got moved to a new desk on Monday and I am now sitting beside a woman that continually talks to herself at her desk.

Driving me up the wall.
        Mmmm. I've picked that habit up as well. When I program, I sit here muttering and threatening the computer.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Perhaps she not talking to herself but talking to the 7 foot high purple chicken that you cant see?
          Minestrone, does this lady look like a hamster?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Mmmm. I've picked that habit up as well. When I program, I sit here muttering and threatening the computer.
            Try anger management.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Try anger management.
              I once did a psychometric test for types of jobs. On top of the list of roles not suited, were

1) Social Worker
              2) Computer Programmer.

Obviously a flawed test.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Driving me up the wall.
                Try doing it yourself. You will probably find that it really annoys her.

Comment

A guy I was at university with, when you got nervous used to mutter "spray, spray, squirt, squirt" to himself.

Occasionally, when exceptionally nervous, he'd add a "wishy, washy" to the end of it.
                  If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                    A guy I was at university with, when you got nervous used to mutter "spray, spray, squirt, squirt" to himself.

Occasionally, when exceptionally nervous, he'd add a "wishy, washy" to the end of it.
                    coffee keyboard moment
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X