• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do programmers make crap liars?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do programmers make crap liars?

Lying, deceit, self deception and other human conditions don't help get working programs written and might even be a hindrance to producing bullet-proof code. Does this mean good programmers make crap liars? Or would they employ
    a split personality and turn off the lying scheming one for work purposes?

And why the flip does the spelling of lie get altered to lia when forming the noun?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Lying, deceit, self deception and other human conditions don't help get working programs written and might even be a hindrance to producing bullet-proof code. Does this mean good programmers make crap liars? Or would they employ

And why the flip does the spelling of lie get altered to lia when forming the noun?
    Nope, I am an a excellent liar, I can also produce tears at the drop of a hat and sulk for Europe
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

This post is a lie. Can you tell?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        Nope, I am woman
        FTFY
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I am a most excellent programmer and have many years of successful lyings.

Bob.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Why assume that lying is mutually exclusive to being able to program?

Lying requires inventiveness, a good memory, quick thinking and the ability to create a plausible narrative without breaking into a sweat.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              FTFY
              How very dare you
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Lying requires inventiveness, a good memory, quick thinking and the ability to create a plausible narrative without breaking into a sweat.
                Programming doesn't though.

Comment

Programming doesn't though.
                  yes it does
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Sounds more like project management to me.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X