• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Michael McIntyre .... where does he rank in the list of all time great comedians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael McIntyre .... where does he rank in the list of all time great comedians?

For the record, Im am NOT a fan of the aforementioned person but the guy sitting next to me says he is comedy gold.

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

No more bets ladies and gentlemen.

I will start to pay out henceforth.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Lee Evans "miming" to Bohemian Rhapsody was hilarious.
        Michael Macintyre is funny but not THAT funny
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AngelOfTheNorth View Post
          For the record, Im am NOT a fan of the aforementioned person but the guy sitting next to me says he is comedy gold.
          He's average IMHO, witty but not in the class of say, Peter Kay (Northern) or Jack Dee (Southern). I think it's cos he's slightly annoying, not good for a mainstream standup comic...

Affability is the key, tho I'd agree some comics can do the annoying/angry/awkward thing with success but not generally in the mainstream...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Lee Evans "miming" to Bohemian Rhapsody was hilarious.
            Michael Macintyre is funny but not THAT funny
            Bill Hicks is funny. Neither of these guys rate a mention, unless you're over 70 and already wet yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              No more bets ladies and gentlemen.

I will start to pay out henceforth.
              We have a lucky punter then, now that the race is clearly over?

Comment

I'd rank him somewhere less funny than AngelOfTheNorth.

Mind you:

AngelOfTheNorth
                Banned
                If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  He's average IMHO, witty but not in the class of say, Peter Kay (Northern) or Jack Dee (Southern). I think it's cos he's slightly annoying, not good for a mainstream standup comic...

Affability is the key, tho I'd agree some comics can do the annoying/angry/awkward thing with success but not generally in the mainstream...
                  Imo Peter Kay has the same act as Mike Harding - Mike Harding was funnier though. He's just a beardy-weirdy folky singer now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                    I'd rank him somewhere less funny than AngelOfTheNorth.

Mind you:

I'm still shocked that somebody thought you and him were tay

Comment

Working...
                    X