• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hillborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillborough

Just watching the 1996 dramadoc now, Jimmy McGovern thing.

As a Bolton Fan, we rarely pack any ground, but in the 70's I've been in some huge crowds, including Old T in 1980, where it was so packed I couldn't raise my arms up to read my programme. I think we were penned in there in the old Scoreboard End.

Similarly on 1977, league cup semi at Burnden, 50k crowd, couldn't move but there was no bother or fuss or drama.

On the other side of the coin my late father was in the crowd at Burnden Park in 1946 when a similar-to-Hillsborough event took place, 33 dead, he said he'd never seen such a sight, all the people's heads in the Embankment End were in perfect rows, they were compressed in so much, estimated at well over 85,000..

So, Hillsborough, I always blamed the Scouse hordes, watching so far, I think i still do, but as the story unfolds.....

Popcorn? Anyone?

Comment

I'm soooo trying hard not to make some sort of comment that will get me banned,

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

Ah go-on!

go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on

GO ON!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

It's such an emotive subject and the whole thing is very distressing.

Try not to get banned eh?
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Nearly 21 years on and people still believe what they want

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              It's such an emotive subject and the whole thing is very distressing.

Try not to get banned eh?
              No - it's a serious post, I'm still watching and so far if the dramadoc is based on truth then the Police are to blame, either by error or by incompetence.

Either way people died and that's tragedy irrespective of any blame.

As an aside I downloaded and watched this prog and posted on it here because I drive past Hillsborough every day and it's hard to imagine any tragedy happened there now.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                No - it's a serious post, I'm still watching and so far if the dramadoc is based on truth then the Police are to blame, either by error or by incompetence.

As an aside I downloaded and watched this prog and posted on it here because I drive past Hillsborough every day and it's hard to imagine any tragedy happened there now.
                I don't know, they still lose occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

My thoughts exactly.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I don't know, they still lose all the time.
                    FTFY
                    "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                    SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Working...
                    X