• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All good things come to an end.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All good things come to an end.

I have a new product in development. I need to get it to be revenue generating as part of the move out of the UK.

However, I've had stop-start on it for months. Until late last week. I've had a blinding time making progress.

Today.....

FFS, bloody thing is giving me grief. Problems that I can't figure out the answer to and those fracking builders making a racket so I can't think straight. I have got nothing done today.

I feel a beer coming on (later).
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Write down the issues a few possible solutions, have a long weekend with HA Missus and go back fresh monday. You will find most of the answers will have come to you during your bath etc.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Write down the issues a few possible solutions, have a long weekend with HA Missus and go back fresh monday. You will find most of the answers will have come to you during your bath etc.
      OR Mister
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Give me a log in to your SVN repository, I'll finish it off tomorrow afternoon and only take 50%

HTH
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Have a beer, make some notes whilst consuming said beer, go home, chill.

Bet it looks a lot easier now?
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Yeah, I know what you're going through...

In such cases, I would just use Google to find the code, Ctrl C, Ctrl V then build. Job done!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeElvis View Post
              Yeah, I know what you're going through...

In such cases, I would just use Google to find the code, Ctrl C, Ctrl V then build. Job done!
              75% of the code is already just that - I'm serious! I am not a proper developer any more.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                75% of the code is already just that - I'm serious! I am not a proper developer any more.
                No point wasting your time reinventing the wheel.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  No point wasting your time reinventing the wheel.
                  No, indeed. Even 30 years ago, when I was writing detailed code, I was well aware that I would not be the first to do any particular piece of processing. Application programming is a piece of engineering, not a creative invention. Your job is to build something that will do what is required - bits of code are the tools and components that you use to do that job, they are not the job itself.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Give me a log in to your SVN repository, I'll finish it off tomorrow afternoon and only take 50%

HTH
                    Let me do it and I'll undercut SY01 by 10%!! I will, however, not guarantee mine or my "Indian-sounding" friends work!

Comment

Working...
                    X