• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money ....

... I find it boring. Guess I'm not very materialistic at all.
    Was going to get a ridiculously expensive car and then realised it wouldn't bring me any pleasure at all. After about a week it would be just another twuntish expensive piece of metal.
    Same with other new and shiny things. Or clothes. Or gadgets.
    I'm bored with my Imac already.

Consuming is dull.

I reckon I need to start collecting old things of beauty instead.
    Maybe antiquarian and rare books.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ... I find it boring. Guess I'm not very materialistic at all.
    Was going to get a ridiculously expensive car and then realised it wouldn't bring me any pleasure at all. After about a week it would be just another twuntish expensive piece of metal.
    Same with other new and shiny things. Or clothes. Or gadgets.
    I'm bored with my Imac already.

Consuming is dull.

I reckon I need to start collecting old things of beauty instead.
    Maybe antiquarian and rare books.
    Try therapy, being a pathological liar isn't doing you any good and I think somewhere underneath all that insecurity lies a really nice person.

Look, Mods, do I really have to be nice to him? FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Try therapy, being a pathological liar isn't doing you any good and I think somewhere underneath all that insecurity lies a really nice person.

Look, Mods, do I really have to be nice to him? FFS!
      What am I lying about do you think? The fact that I have money or that it doesn't interest me very much?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

What am I lying about do you think? The fact that I have money or that it doesn't interest me very much?
        All of it, how are you going to prove otherwise?

You can't.

A thing you should learn, money(if you have it) doesn't buy class. Look at Chrithtopher Livingthstone Eubank as an extreme example.

Comment

All of it, how are you going to prove otherwise?

You can't.

A thing you should learn, money(if you have it) doesn't buy class. Look at Chrithtopher Livingthstone Eubank as an extreme example.
          I don't have to prove anything.
          And yes money not buying class is exactly my point - having an expensive motor in your drive and house full of gadgets is not classy.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Comment

This thread is not about me, its about attitudes to money.
              But of course you had to jump in with your massive chip
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Anyone who says that money can't buy happiness doesn't know where to shop.

Those that bang on about it are patronising, self-righteous scum.
                They should try being really poor for a while and see how happy they are then.

Money is one of the greatest inventions of the human race. A freely convertible virtual commodity.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

This thread is not about me, its about attitudes to money.
                  But of course you had to jump in with your massive chip

Comment

Travel.

Money gives you the opportunity to travel all over the world.

Get out of that shed and put the tissues down.

Comment

Working...
                    X