• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any thoughts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts?

I am sure that some little bod with an abacus and a pencil has done some research on this but does anyone know what percentage of our income goes to Bliar and Co. Assuming earnings of £100 k per year and taking into account income tax, fuel duty, VAT, council tax etc. etc. etc

I am going to guess that we all work for about 5 months per year for absolute sweet f.a.

I would offer a prize for the winner but Gordy's got all my spare cash

"I am going to guess that we all work for about 5 months per year for absolute sweet f.a."

Its worse than that - IIRC, tax freedom day is sometime in June or even July!!

Comment

Approximately 42%.

Comment

never heard of a more ridiculous concept as "tax freedom day"

A meaningless made-up stupid expression if there ever was one
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
          I am sure that some little bod with an abacus and a pencil has done some research on this but does anyone know what percentage of our income goes to Bliar and Co. Assuming earnings of £100 k per year and taking into account income tax, fuel duty, VAT, council tax etc. etc. etc

I am going to guess that we all work for about 5 months per year for absolute sweet f.a.

I would offer a prize for the winner but Gordy's got all my spare cash
          It's not for sweet f.a.

Robert Heinlein wondered if it should be a crime to kill an anarchist, given that an anarchist doesn't want any government and it's only government that makes it a crime.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
            never heard of a more ridiculous concept as "tax freedom day"

A meaningless made-up stupid expression if there ever was one
            Becs, you only say that because yours is 3rd January or something like that.

Comment

well yes (actually no - if you include VAT, insurance premium tax, passenger air duty, tax on fuel, booze etc - actually I do pay a lot of tax!) but even then, it is a stupid concept.
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Unfortunately stupid concepts are about all most of the general population is capable of grasping.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  Unfortunately stupid concepts are about all most of the general population is capable of grasping.
                  Which reminds me, why dont we invade Iran ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    Which reminds me, why dont we invade Iran ?
                    Because Chico would explode with excitement and, if he were on a bus or tube, that might constitute a suicide bombing with unacceptable loss of civilian life.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                    X