• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

holiday during a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holiday during a contract

if you have a summer holiday booked for a spell during a shiny new contract, whats the best way to handle it

im thinking just start the contract then break it to them that im off for a couple of weeks holiday and could they just put the project on hold till then

or is their some other more subtle approach to be used

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    if you have a summer holiday booked for a spell during a shiny new contract, whats the best way to handle it

im thinking just start the contract then break it to them that im off for a couple of weeks holiday and could they just put the project on hold till then

Don't ask me. I took a day off yesterday and forgot to mention it
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Holidays during a contract! Whatever next. Wash your mouth out!!!

Queue. NLUK......
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Before you attempt subtlety, you might want to try and grasp punctuation and grammar. You post like a Twelve-year-old.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Don't ask me. I took a day off yesterday and forgot to mention it
          Clientco, is so slow, they keep letting me work from home which is great as they haven't actually given me enough work to fill the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Clientco, is so slow, they keep letting me work from home which is great as they haven't actually given me enough work to fill the time.
            classy when that happens

I work from home most days. The thing is, I now do longer hours
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              classy when that happens

I work from home most days. The thing is, I now do longer hours
              Clientco is going through some 'changes'. We sent out 10 sets of documentation a week ago for completion last night. We got 2 back by this afternoon and thats after an escalation.

I love lethargic companies. And to think, I was going to walk!

Comment

Are you serious? If you are my advice is to warn clientco that you will be unable to work on the contract personally for the relevant period - before you start the contract so it's not a nasty surprise. I normally do this in writing and point out they are welcome to exercise their right to substitution.

Comment

Tell them that you will be unavailable for that period of time. No need to explain what you are doing or why - you don't need their permission, since you work for yourself.

If they really want to, tell them you will find a substitute to fill in, then get any monkey to sit there "getting up to speed" for the two weeks before you come back.
                  If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

I always tell 'em upfront - I shall not be available for blah blah.
                    I never ask, I always tell and I always have August off
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X