• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World Cup bets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup bets

1. England
    2. Brazil

Hope springs eternal in the human breast.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Enlgands chances are inversely proportinaly to the media hype, the more the media hypes England into being convinced they will win , the more certain they will lose.

Something to do with the collective unconciousness.

I would say that Germany will make it to the final in a boring plodding way,who know it might be an Iran Germany final, notwithstanding WW3.

Wonder what odds you would get on the above ?
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 January 2006, 16:18.

Comment

Hmmm. The US has qualified, so there is a very small chance of the US team playing Iran at both football and war, at the same time. I wonder if there's a precedent ...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        Hmmm. The US has qualified, so there is a very small chance of the US team playing Iran at both football and war, at the same time. I wonder if there's a precedent ...
        Woudnt it be a lot better if they just settled it over a footie match than having a War ?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          They played against each other in the last world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            They played against each other in the last world cup.
            But the tension hadn't ratcheted up the way it has now ...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well heres a pic of how it was with the US and Iranian fans last time, damn these politicians.

As an Iranian chap at my work mentioned, Its not people who wage wars, its Governments.

And his town was bombed heavily by Saddam.

Comment

This is exciting isn't it - Football is the game of kings and worth every penny - these footballers are natural leaders and role models for all our children. Just one question - why does the team in black only ever get one player, and why does he always look like Benny Hill ?

Comment

Germany will win it.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    Germany will win it.
                    I reckon we'll thrash Germany at home ....they're crap.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X