• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market Belly Up ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Belly Up ???

Whats happened before Chrimbo it was all systems go, and suddenly the phone's gone dead.

Then MF has lost his job and a Java programmer is prepared to travel hundreds of miles to earn 30 quid an hour.

...or maybe this is just a pessimistic view.

I'm alright Jack

If your face dont fit, it dont fit.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How was the Christmas trading period on the shop front, MF. There must be some cheer somewhere?

Comment

Dec was fine. November and October sucked. I was 15k lower than expected.Shop made 8k profit as opposed to 23k. So pretty crap really and not worth the time.

Sales now at rock bottom.

Comment

Are you thinking of selling up or closing down?

Comment

Both. Or moving all of it on to Ebay to get rid of it.

Comment

OK OK that's great

But what about the IT market.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                Whats happened before Chrimbo it was all systems go, and suddenly the phone's gone dead.

Then MF has lost his job and a Java programmer is prepared to travel hundreds of miles to earn 30 quid an hour.

...or maybe this is just a pessimistic view.

I dunno, I got 2 offers today. One in Zurich and one in Wilhelmshaven (which I think is for the German Navy.) One is a zOS Architect and the other as ZOS Systems PRogrammerand Storage Administrator. Mmmmm, decisions...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I start a new contract tomorrow.

No shortage of offers in the .NET world, although rates are being squeezed by cheap imports again.

Comment

Same here with regard to .Net work... seems to be quite bouyant (and as im in contract I dont even have my CV up).

Currently using VB.Net (got the contract despite being a C# guy and being open about that in the interview). Biztalk is gradually being phased into the project, and Im gaining experience there - always a plus.

Salaries here are lower than down south, but lets face it, 40 an hour is better than most people will ever earn so cant complain.

DP, where are you based again..? Whats your poison - C# or VB.Net?
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X