• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Immigration curbs 'not paranoid'"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Immigration curbs 'not paranoid'"

"Immigration curbs 'not paranoid'

The head of a pressure group calling for tighter controls on immigration has defended himself after an MP branded him "paranoid and obsessive"."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4599606.stm

Originally posted by bbc
    Sir Andrew Green, of Migrationwatch UK, told the Commons home affairs committee the number of immigrants arriving in the UK was equivalent to the population of Birmingham arriving every five years.

Committee chairman and former minister, Labour's John Denham, accused Sir Andrew of presenting information in "the most sensational and pejorative ways". Labour's David Winnick also joined in the criticism, likening the former ambassador to the overbearing and obsessive sea captain played by Humphrey Bogart in the 1954 film, the Caine Mutiny.

"The way in which you seem to be so negative and obsessive on immigration does remind me of Humphrey Bogart being questioned during the court martial. "Quite clearly he was paranoid. It does seem to me that you are in danger of going down the same road....Is there not a danger that you are just simply paranoid?" he asked.
    The words "head" and "sand" spring to mind. Do the facts actually support Sir Andrew Green or do they not?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      The words "head" and "sand" spring to mind. Do the facts actually support Sir Andrew Green or do they not?
      The words "head" and "backside" come to mind.

I really cannot understand what these New Liers are up to. Why oh why do they want unlimited immigration from Eastern Europe? Many of these people are the lowest groups from those countries, hardly what we want. Mind you, Polish bread is very good.

Fungus

Comment

Isn't Estelle Skornik of Polish origin? Call me perverse if you like, but I fancied her.

Last edited by wendigo100; 10 January 2006, 19:38. Reason: spelling

Comment

what do they want?

Originally posted by Fungus
          The words "head" and "backside" come to mind.

I really cannot understand what these New Liers are up to. Why oh why do they want unlimited immigration from Eastern Europe? Many of these people are the lowest groups from those countries, hardly what we want. Mind you, Polish bread is very good.

Fungus
          Too keep wages down, that way business keeps going despite rampaging taxation, the plebs stay poor then they have to work so hard they can't get above themselves and complain or stand for parliament. Think enforced labour to go with social conditioning, its just communism updated with the face of capitalism.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

throughout history, England and then the UK has always relied on a big underprivileged poor working class population
            - for wars against the scots
            - for wars against the frogs
            - for wars to extend the empire
            - for cheap labour to fuel the industrial revolution
            - and now to pay for GB's welfare state

since GB's welfare state benefits people already established in the UK, it needs a new batch of people to do the work. There you go.
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
              throughout history, England and then the UK has always relied on a big underprivileged poor working class population
              - for wars against the scots
              - for wars against the frogs
              - for wars to extend the empire
              - for cheap labour to fuel the industrial revolution
              - and now to pay for GB's welfare state

since GB's welfare state benefits people already established in the UK, it needs a new batch of people to do the work. There you go.
              Not quite Rebecca, the reasons for our mass net immigration are:

1. A PC or "world's favourite uncle" desire to help poor foreigners by letting them in
              2. Incompetence in controlling it
              3. Lack of desire to regain control because:
              (a) The more people of working age we can keep squeezing in, the more taxes are collected
              (b) The mass of immigrants are more likely to vote Labour

The flaw is that, like a drug addict and his dope, we need ever-increasing numbers of immigrants every year to pay for those already here. And room is running out.

Comment

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned one key reason. The current benign economic state is intimately linked to the booming housing market with consumer spending fueled by equity release schemes. Were that to collapse, the economy would nose dive and New Lier would be stuffed. By allowing in almost 200K people a year, you generate demand for housing, and maintain high house prices. That is Bronw's 'economic miracle' and he knows it full well.

Fungus

Comment

I needn't worry as soon as there's a downturn a lot of the immigrants will disappear, a lot of them are only there coz it's booming.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                    I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned one key reason. The current benign economic state is intimately linked to the booming housing market with consumer spending fueled by equity release schemes. Were that to collapse, the economy would nose dive and New Lier would be stuffed. By allowing in almost 200K people a year, you generate demand for housing, and maintain high house prices. That is Bronw's 'economic miracle' and he knows it full well.

Fungus
                    Good point Fungus.

Comment

Working...
                    X