• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you contact them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you contact them?

Last year I managed to get a direct contract with a company I had done previous work for. At the time I had already had an interview and was negotiating the terms. Previous agent pops up and tried to shaft me by claiming that they had introduced me rather than me doing the work.

I'm Just about to finish current contract and wondering if I should contact said agent as I know they are still there. Half of me says no but I don’t want to cut of my nose to spite my face. What would you do?

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Last year I managed to get a direct contract with a company I had done previous work for. At the time I had already had an interview and was negotiating the terms. Previous agent pops up and tried to shaft me by claiming that they had introduced me rather than me doing the work.

I'm Just about to finish current contract and wondering if I should contact said agent as I know they are still there. Half of me says no but I don’t want to cut of my nose to spite my face. What would you do?
    Do you mean agent or agencie, many agencies have gone through re-org, down-size etc. in the last year. Call them, they may not even remember you.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

No I mean a specific agent from a specific agency. I know the agent is still working there as other contractors I work with know him/she is still at said agency

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
        No I mean a specific agent from a specific agency. I know the agent is still working there as other contractors I work with know him/she is still at said agency
        It's business, not personal - your average agent would sell their Mother!

Only you know whether or not you wish to do business with them in the future.

Comment

I guess, business is business but I'd find it hard to trust he/she but in this climate you cant be fussy.

Comment

They can't hold you forever to that. It's usually six months, occasionally a year. What does it say in your old contract with them?

Comment

Working...
            X