• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Job Notification App/Process for IPhone/Blackberry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Job Notification App/Process for IPhone/Blackberry

I want a centralized tool/process that will email me new contracts/roles as they are advertised on

Monster
    Jobserve
    LinkedIn

I want to set a very predefined list of job titles(on location) and I want an email (or sms) sent to me every time one meets my criteria.

Anybody know of anything?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I thought email alerts were standard functionality on all those sites. Apparently you can pick up email on blackberry's too.

Next!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I want a centralized tool/process that will email me new contracts/roles as they are advertised on

Monster
      Jobserve
      LinkedIn

I want to set a very predefined list of job titles(on location) and I want an email (or sms) sent to me every time one meets my criteria.

Anybody know of anything?
      Just a little thing (without helping you in your quandary)

I don't ever worry about Job Titles...... they can call me "Assistant Tea Boy"..... as long as they pay up......

Trouble is (for me) the Role Spec/Description in my line can be almost identical for Junior Numpty as it is for Senior <cough> Guru....

But as long as they pay nearer SG than JN - I don't really mind....

Comment

Jobserve will do an RSS feed based on your search criteria, which you should then be able to pick up on any decent phone these days.

No idea about the others, sorry.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Jobserve Connect?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Cheers I'll check it out.

I suppose it I set up one of my Dev SQL Servers at home to constantly pull job data into a DB, I can then dedupe and SMS/Mail out on my terms. Maybe even turn it into a useful App.

Not sure what the deal is with data ownership in this case?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
            X