• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I shot myself in the foot...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot myself in the foot...

Been at Client Co for just over 2yrs, and just been given 4wks notice :-(

Recently changed team leaders and the new one has the man management skills of a gibbon on crystal meth.

Have been having a running battle with him for a few months, this week been off with a badly sprained ankle, and because I didn't ring in the day I went to the A&E, have been served 4wks notice.

Anybody had a similar incident? Any advice?

Originally posted by adamv6 View Post

Recently changed team leaders and the new one has the man management skills of a gibbon on crystal meth.

Have been having a running battle with him for a few months, this week been off with a badly sprained ankle, and because I didn't ring in the day I went to the A&E, have been served 4wks notice.

Move on. learn from it.

HTH

Comment

Give him a good kicking.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Remember;

I AM NOT A PERMIE, I AM NOT A PERMIE.

Move on as others have said...

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          Move on. learn from it.

HTH
          WHS. You're a contractor. I did a couple of years at a gig until I fell out with my boss. No renewal!!!

Its a downside of contracting. No security.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Give him a good kicking.
            I could never condone enough this type of attitude. Giving a colleague or a boss a slap!!

Whatever next?

Comment

I don't know what advice you are hoping for. Youre a contractor ........ with the spoils comes the downside. One of them being they can get rid of you for whatever reason and they don't even need to explain it.

Seems to me youve been there so long youve got a permie mentality.

Personally Id just be glad I got 2 years out of a contract that saw you through the recession.

Comment

Should have started looking when he was dumped on you.

Celebrate you are now away from him.

Put your CV out and see if you can leave sooner.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Should have started looking when he was dumped on you.

Celebrate you are now away from him.

Put your CV out and see if you can leave sooner.
                  Good call! You'd love to see his face then!

Comment

Exactly the advice I expected, and had pretty much given myself!

CV already surfing the waves towards hundreds of moronic, knuckle dragging agents

Comment

Working...
                    X