• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Labour candidate and his twitter comments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Labour candidate and his twitter comments

WTF was that chap thinking? WTF was Jim Murphy doing speaking up for him?

I kind of don't want to post what he said but then I kind of do so sorry if it causes offence.

"God this fairtrade, organic banana is tulip. Can I have a slave-grown, chemically enhanced, genetically modified one please?"

He is too sarcastic to join a political party.

He would have been a good back bencher if he hadn't been sacked as he would have been relied on to vote against the party.

Oh and the best thing I've seen so far is the Tory iPhone app - http://tmik.co.uk/?p=312
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I just don't see any sarcasm in asking for a slave-grown banana.

Comment

Blimey I thought he'd been sacked for calling our senior citizens "coffin dodgers"
        What a moron.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I just don't see any sarcasm in asking for a slave-grown banana.
          It's all in the context.

Tweeters tend to either be the sort of people who tweet when they are p*ssed off with things or someone who into marketing/self-promotion.

If you follow people you can see what sort they are and know not to take things out of context.

Unfortunately most of the Labour party shown by their understanding of the Digital Economy Bill and what they have done to the IT industry don't quite get technology. If they had they would have checked whether potential candidates used social media and how they used it before letting them being selected.

Everyone I personally know either tweets anonymously like HAB or locks their account.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I was out having a beer with a very senior member of the conservative party this evening who told me what he was up to. Seems to have hardly made the press. Now I do know he was never in a mile of getting a job but shurely someone claimed he was of fitting character to be a prospective MP.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              It's all in the context.
              Oh come now.

The context that fits into is not a nice context. Now I have seen people on here being accused of being a bit uptight over race but a "slave grown banana"? That is way over the top.

I for one would like to know the seat of democracy is something more than the chat from working man's club after a few beers.

I think less of you for disagreeing.

Comment

He's got a point.

Organic bananas tend to be quite small and tasty while those of the slave filled plantations of yesterday where much bigger but less tasty.

This has all gone downhill since we gave india back.

Long live Victoria!!!!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Was I the only one that thought of HAB's twitter and blog and wondered if they had got confused somehow?

Comment

Working...
                  X