• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chill

Anyone else listen to an internet radio station called Chill?

Came across it about a week ago and loving the laid back tunes.

I tend to use LastFM. I like the fact I can choose an artist and it then builds a radio playlist around it
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I find this show pretty relaxing on a Sunday
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Anyone else listen to an internet radio station called Chill?

Came across it about a week ago and loving the laid back tunes.
        Been listening to it on-and-off for about five years, originally on DAB. It was especially helpful for getting to sleep as there weren't any DJs and virtually no ads. Chill and 6Music made my DAB receiver worth its asking price.

I believe it was originally set up by the owner of the DAB multiplex as a stop gap but it become so popular they just left it on.

Comment

Is the channel with the birds twittering still going?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Is the channel with the birds twittering still going?
            You can listen to it now if you want: online.
            You know what you wanna do with that right, you wanna put a bangin' donk on it!
            Put a donk on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicely Nicely View Post
              You can listen to it now if you want: online.
              The story of Radio Birdsong.
              You know what you wanna do with that right, you wanna put a bangin' donk on it!
              Put a donk on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicely Nicely View Post
                The story of Radio Birdsong.
                Radio Birdsong had once again captured the imagination of listeners and the press. Stories emerged of inmates in Her Majesty’s prisons listening to the birdsong to remind them of life outside ("Birdsong doing Bird", one newspaper inevitably headlined).
                I got my DAB radio when I was in hospital just over a year ago. I tried the birdsong channel for a bit, but got hooked on Classic FM in the end (with a bit of Radio 7)

To this date the only channels set up on my radio are 1. Classic FM, 2. Radio 4, and 3. Radio 7.

I've had Chill running for a bit on the laptop. I might set that up on the DAB later.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

All our DAB radios are tuned to Radio 6 - no for much longer though if the BBC has its way - barstewards
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    All our DAB radios are tuned to Radio 6 - no for much longer though if the BBC has its way - barstewards
                    Good news!

Comment

Working...
                    X