• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Warmth of the Sun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Warmth of the Sun

It's full on toasty here with 16 Celsius (that is what counts for toasty here in Glasgow)

After winter where it never really got above 0 for about 3 weeks i'm just glad to see that burning orb in the sky.

I'm looking forward to getting the Beach Boys on and sailing up the Kyles of Lochalsh in a couple of weeks.

Time to get out the old classics - "Here comes the sun", "Summer breeze" etc
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Time to get out the old classics - "Here comes the sun", "Summer breeze" etc
      and this one

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
        With Travis hailing from Glasgow which is the most rained on city in Europe ( 65% of days it rains ) you can see why they wrote that song.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          It's full on toasty here with 16 Celsius (that is what counts for toasty here in Glasgow)
          I think this is the time of year when places in Scotland are warmer than the South East.

It's only 14 in London.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I think this is the time of year when places in Scotland are warmer than the South East.

It's only 14 in London.
            They said on the telly this morning it was going to be 20 in The Highlands. Well surely The Highlands are a) high, and b) up north. How does that work then?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I am looking out the window and Ben Lomond is still covered in snow.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                They said on the telly this morning it was going to be 20 in The Highlands. Well surely The Highlands are a) high, and b) up north. How does that work then?
                I had a couple of hiking/climbing holidays in Scotland many years ago and we had better weather than at home.

Gulf Stream?
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Gulf stream has a big effect on our marine environment on the west but not so much our inland climate. I lived much of my life on the Isle of Arran where it just rains continually.

Comment

Currently 19C here on the Clyde Coast. Had the first barbecue session and warming up for the second.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X