• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal data safe in Labour's hands?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal data safe in Labour's hands?

Sminki

How anyone would ever want these frackers to have even one seat in Parliament is beyond me.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

The data management company Experian confirmed that both Labour and the Conservatives use its Mosaic database, which divides voters into 67 groups and identifies likely cancer patients using anonymised hospital statistics, including postcodes and the diagnoses of patients.
    A postcode is often just a few dozen properties, so it's no wonder that someone can cross reference information like this together if some tulip-wit in the NHS considers a postcode to be anonymous.

Comment

I have long argued that there needs to be a national database on this site but I just cannot trust labour to even come close to doing that properly. Bunch of fannies.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
        A postcode is often just a few dozen properties, so it's no wonder that someone can cross reference information like this together if some tulip-wit in the NHS considers a postcode to be anonymous.
        What Information is "Personally Identifiable"?

the combination of (gender, ZIP code, birthdate) was unique for about 87% of the U.S. population
        A Primer on Information Theory and Privacy
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

And zip codes are huge compared to postcodes - often being entire towns or neighbourhoods within cities.

Comment

That's pretty sick even by Labour standards.

Comment

"Personal data safe in Labour's hands?"

Nope, next ...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                And zip codes are huge compared to postcodes - often being entire towns or neighbourhoods within cities.
                I believe that the PO only needs name, post code and street number to get post to you.

Comment

'ere we go again:

Labour was today caught up in a new row over its use of personal data after e-mailing NHS professionals using their work addresses to ask for their support.

One of those who received the latest communication, a doctor, has complained that senior Labour figures are trying to pressure her into publicly backing the party against her will.

She added: “I am angry that they have e-mailed me at my work e-mail address and would very much like to know how they have obtained confidential NHS e-mail addresses. You might be interested to investigate a. where they obtained these addresses [and] b. whether it is appropriate to use the addresses in this party political way. Needless to say I do not support the petition!”

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    I believe that the PO only needs name, post code and street number to get post to you.
                    They didn't even use to need that.

What you use to be able to do is put someone's firstname on a letter plus the town they lived in and describe the property then the letter would get to them.

Unfortunately now they do need that info as the postman are delivering to roads they are not use to delivering to due to efficiency savings.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X