• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mens Watch Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mens Watch Recommendations

I am looking to spend up to £500 on a men's watch. I am open minded about style / design but would prefer brand new.

Any recommendations ?

There can only be one - baume and mercier

Comment

I once considered paying £790 for a tag heuer watch that had been advertised at £1350 in store.

But I thought is the watch going to be any more accurate than a 50 quid watch? I reasoned not and bought a lorus for 50 quid. It tells me the time and day \ date.

Spending 500 quid on a watch is, imo, silly.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

If it were a lot under under or a lot over I could think of a few good option!

Longines and Oris do stuff that I quite like in that price range.

Comment

Try a Rolex or a Breitling. Then say you'd like a cheap watch that costs 1/10 of the price.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

If you're looking for summat reliable under £500 try citizen or Seiko.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I use the clock on my iPhone, look at the clock on my PC, or check the clock in the canteen. Even my car has a clock. Don't see the need for one really.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
                If it were a lot under under or a lot over I could think of a few good option!

Longines and Oris do stuff that I quite like in that price range.
                Longines do some good watches..... but tbh there are loads of decent watches at/near that price...

Go visit a few highstreet jewelers.... look at what you like.... try them on and Bobs your uncle.....

But remember ....... you should be able to get a huge discount on the list prices.... so don't limit yourself to just looking at £500 watches....
                Markups on watches & jewellry is awesome...... find one you like and do 2 for 1 deal and get a matching Ladies model for the Mrs (a bit Howard & Hilda but she'll love you for it)....

Comment

Breitling
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

you won't get a Breitling for 500 quid

the Colt series starts at about 1500

for upto 500 guess you're looking at a high end Casio ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X