• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sin - the root of all evil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sin - the root of all evil

I have been otherwise preoccupied and as such I have not been able devote much time posting in the past few days however I have been able to make some time this morning and I notice that the self styled atheists and the God haters here, have become emboldened in the past few days and have been posting ridiculous and scurrilous threads seeking to justify their immoral and selfish and lives.
    Interesting also I watched the Richard Dawkins programme on Monday and I have the following observations to make.

1. Is that dude really a Professor? His argument was weak and irrational. He went on and on about evidence this, evidence that, but in the end he produced no evidence at all. The hill analogy was hilarious, after years of scientific study and so called mountains of evidence for the THEORY OF EVOLUTION, that the best he could come up with was a fatuous hypothesis. Maybe the Channel 4 budget was just too tight. He then rightly had to concede that science had no clue on the origins of the universe despite his earlier inference.

2. The so called professor was very arrogant and was rightly told off by the Pastor. The professor was treated like an honoured guest, giving a reserved seat at the front, his cameras were allowed to film the services without restriction and he was then invited for a one to one chat with the Pastor. Sad to see that the respect and the hospitality afforded to the professor were not reciprocated. His manner was off putting and it would be interesting to see the footage that did not make the broadcast.

3. Rather than lump all religions into the same boat, why not look at each one and judge the claims made on a merit by merit basis. Also the so called "Christians" (going to Lourdes for a miracle used as an example of gullibility) suggests Dawkins has no knowledge on his subject matter. If God wanted to heal people he would not ask them to trek to remote region of France to kiss a graven image!! What idiocy. These so called "Christians" have obviously not been paying attention in Bible class.

4. Next week I gather that Dawkins is going to make out the Christian God to be the most vindictive one of all. I imagine he probably will focus on the Old Testament times and cite the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah etc etc a God who will gladly wipe out people for their sins. It will be interesting to see if he will mention the depravity, brutality rape, violence and awful sin that was so prevalent at that time. I imagine he will also gloss over the fact in the New Testament God broke the cycle of sin and damnation by coming himself and taking the punishment which all of us so rightly deserve. Just take a look at Britain today – rampant violence, child rape, murders, abortion, broken homes, abused kids, if you were God and your creation had turned out like this what would you do?
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

if you were God and your creation had turned out like this what would you do?

depends what I was made of

- if I had blood in my veins, then I'd slash my wrists
    - if I was subject to gravity then I'd jump off a cliff
    - if I couldn't live without brain, then I'd borrow a wee Beretta from those pesky little people I have put on Earth, apply it to my temple, or whatever it is that's not far from said brain, and press the trigger
    - if I am immortal and cannot die, then I'm fcuked
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
      Just take a look at Britain today – rampant violence, child rape, murders, abortion, broken homes, abused kids, if you were God and your creation had turned out like this what would you do?
      Not just Britain:

One

Two

Three
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

http://www.simonyi.ox.ac.uk/dawkins/index.shtml

Professor Richard Dawkins is the first holder of the newly endowed Charles Simonyi Chair in the Public Understanding of Science at the University of Oxford.

A graduate of Oxford, he did his doctorate under the Nobel-prizewinning ethologist Niko Tinbergen. In 1967 he was appointed Assistant Professor of Zoology at the University of California at Berkeley, returning to Oxford in 1969. He has been a Fellow of New College since 1970.

Or, is this no evidence again?

And speaking of punishment, I don't think I deserve any, thank you.

Comment

I imagine he will also gloss over the fact in the New Testament God broke the cycle of sin and damnation by coming himself and taking the punishment which all of us so rightly deserve.

Chico which society do you deem the most decadent immoral and God Hating, Britain or Iran ?

If the former what kind of cleansing or collective punsishment do you think Britain requires ?

Perhaps an England defeat by Iran in the World Cup for example ?

Or another Blair election victory ?

PS A Happy New Year to You

Comment

taking the punishment which all of us so rightly deserve

We're saved, we're saved
            Auschwitz/Birkenau doesn't matter
            Pol Pot doesn't matter
            Stalin
            Mao
            Aids
            Cancer
            Rape
            Murder
            None of it matters, we've been washed in the blood of the lamb.
            Hurrah, we're saved.
            Twat!
            Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
              I imagine he will also gloss over the fact in the New Testament God broke the cycle of sin and damnation by coming himself and taking the punishment which all of us so rightly deserve.

Chico which society do you deem the most decadent immoral and God Hating, Britain or Iran ?

If the former what kind of cleansing or collective punsishment do you think Britain requires ?

Perhaps an England defeat by Iran in the World Cup for example ?

Or another Blair election victory ?

PS A Happy New Year to You

Alfred Happy New Year to you too. I have said it before Jesus Christ is the answer whether it is Tehran, Tottenham or Timbuktu. If only the world would turn from its sins and turn back to God. If only, instead hubris will make us even more hard hearted.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

I worship Noddy.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
                  I worship Noddy.
                  That "Enid Blyton" has a lot to answer for!

Comment

And a happy new year to all and everyone. I must respectfully point out Chico that there really is no god. The evidence and proof is contained on the boards here - I have read it all and I am convinced of this. Is there anyway I might be able to cure you of your illness ?

Comment

Working...
                    X