• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Milton Keynes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milton Keynes

Beside the fact that I'd rather live in a place called Adam Smith,
    would you recommend a move to Milton Keynes?

Mark

Originally posted by markinbrussels

Mark
    Are you any good at negotiating roundabouts?

Comment

Some of the outer 'villages' are actually really nice. Plus the centre does offer a lot for shopping, nights out, theatre etc.

Try having a look round some time.

Comment

Beside the fact that I'd rather live in a place called Adam Smith, would you recommend a move to Milton Keynes?

Mark
        Yes.

It's mostly new-looking, but the roads are good, it's convenient for travelling to London or elsewhere, and it is quite green. The shopping centre is good. There are some chavvy areas, but you'll spot them.

Comment

Mark
          Although many of us make fun of it, I've noticed that people who live there usually like it.

Comment

concrete-city errr no thanks. Not sure what the housing estates are like but the city centre is like one big industrial estate.

A bit strange really but I think there's a lot of work there.

Comment

Milton-Keynes has nice outlying villages. The centre is absolute rubbish, but accessible to London and a University town.

You can live in an idyllic village somewhere further out from MK say near Leighton-Buzzard and get into London for a night out.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

No.

Comment

And Stony Stratford must be one of the finest pub-crawl destinations. Aside from that, the best thing about MK is the fast rail link outta there.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

MK is all right - it's got loads of amenities, and there are loads of nice villages around the outside. It's a bit soulless in the middle though, except the shopping centre, which is very good.

Oh, and it is home to the MK Dons, currently at the national hockey stadium but soon to have their own new stadium. Don't be put off by their position at the foot of the third division.

Comment

Working...
                    X