• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working Abroad

Had a phone interview for a role in mainland Europe today, and it went pretty well. 6month contract, good rates, so starting to look at how to actually do the job!

Anybody got any advice about stopping in Europe during the week, flying home at the weekend.

Hotels? Professional rooms? Hostels? Brothels? Where am I best looking for accomodation?

Originally posted by adamv6 View Post
    Had a phone interview for a role in mainland Europe today, and it went pretty well. 6month contract, good rates, so starting to look at how to actually do the job!

Anybody got any advice about stopping in Europe during the week, flying home at the weekend.

Hotels? Professional rooms? Hostels? Brothels? Where am I best looking for accomodation?
    Sorry to be flippant (but you deserve it)....

Give us some sort of clue.... cos Mainland europe is a big place to try and give any detail advice about.....

but you knew that didn't you?

Comment

Sorry, the city is question is Amsterdam.

Comment

Banana Bar!

(Someone had to say it )
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Don't stay in the Hotel Rembrandt, its tulip. Pretend not to be British, you might get treated with respect
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Pretend not to be British, you might get treated with respect
            WHS++.

Always a good trick on the mainland, that. Learn a few phrases in some obscure language like Icelandic, and drop those into the conversation to divert from your command of English when you're trying to communicate.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Don't stay in the Hotel Rembrandt, its tulip. Pretend not to be English, you might get treated with respect
              Me, me, me...

Comment

If you are looking for something cheap try www.hotelformule1.com/

I used them for a weekday stay as client site was in the next ind. estate.

That was in France, and it was fab. you didn't have to deal with any french people just type in your PIN number.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Boomed! And it's all tax free. Quids in bro, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    WHS + 1000

My wife, from Bath, pretends to be Scottish too when we're on the mainland...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X