• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vatican fails epically to get it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vatican fails epically to get it

Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican’s Secretary of State, said that the child rape scandal that is threatening the moral authority of the Roman Catholic Church worldwide is linked to homosexuality and not celibacy among priests.

Other Vatican clerics have sought to deflect criticism from the Catholic hierarchy by blaming the media, and one retired bishop was even reported earlier this week to have blamed the Jews.

Cardinal Bertone made the comments during a news conference on Monday in Chile, where one of the church’s highest-profile paedophile cases involves a priest having sex with young girls.
    Bloody hell! (sorry). I thought I had a big mouth. I thought our MPs had an inability to see how bad their reputation looks. I thought Gordon Brown had trouble saying "sorry". But these guys are living in another world.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Bloody hell! (sorry). I thought I had a big mouth. I thought our MPs had an inability to see how bad their reputation looks. I thought Gordon Brown had trouble saying "sorry". But these guys are living in another world.
    Their very existence and meaning in life revolves around suppressing information and ignoring evidence though doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Their very existence and meaning in life revolves around suppressing information and ignoring evidence though doesn't it?
      I get the impression some of them regret not being able to burn the whistleblowers any more, but this guy probably thinks they still can.

Never mind evidence, he is ignoring logic. So homosexuality makes priests abuse young girls?

Comment

It had(/has?) everything to do with celibacy in the priesthood.

In the 'olden days' Church authorities thought that doing naughty things to kids kept some priests away from doing naughty things with women which in their eyes was far, far worse.

The fact that pervs played on this to get to kids then bismirched the Church hugely...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

IMO the most selfish, delusional, downright nasty people I've ever met have been in the church or closely related to it...so not surprised in the slightest at this...

Only good thing is that its painting them in a really bad light...

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            I get the impression some of them regret not being able to burn the whistleblowers any more, but this guy probably thinks they still can.
            Ah yes, the good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Ah yes, the good old days.
              Cardinal Biggles???? Read the charges!!!!!!!!!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                It had(/has?) everything to do with celibacy in the priesthood.
                Cobblers. If that were true, there would be no paedophile priests in protestant religions.
                If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Burn them.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                    Cobblers. If that were true, there would be no paedophile priests in protestant religions.
                    I'm not saying that there isn't.

I'm saying that the attitude is a useful smoke-screen for paedophiles.

Other's are troubled by the celibacy issue too.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle7058065.ece

http://www.catholica.com.au/gc2/occ/043_occ_020210.php
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X