• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve email alerts delay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve email alerts delay

For some months now I've suspected that Jobserve email adverts were arriving later in the day than they used to, peaking in the evening now rather than morning. Judging by the date/time placed on some ads that I've looked at today, it does appear that there is anything from a couple of hours to half a dozen hours difference between the feed time and the time shown in the advert. Anyone else noticed the ads getting delayed more these days?

I get some in the middle of the night! iPhone (aka my alarm clock) pings all night...

Comment

Switch the sound off - the alarm still goes off...been really gutted to be woken up by some spam mail in the middle of the night

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
        Switch the sound off - the alarm still goes off...been really gutted to be woken up by some spam mail in the middle of the night
        I find it quite comforting - another potential gig waiting for me in the morning!

Plus i think I still get the vibrate even with sound off (I know I can turn that off too but it's my only source of pleasure during the day).

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I find it quite comforting - another potential gig waiting for me in the morning!
          taken by people that are searching on-line instead of waiting hours for the email alert to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            taken by people that are searching on-line instead of waiting hours for the email alert to arrive.
            I don't think the agent is sitting up at 3am waiting for you to reply immediately.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
              Where I work right now, all permies have been given blackberries. They found a handy app which will read out your mail if you are driving or something. One person couldn't get it to turn off, I was so tempted to sign them up to receive "is your penis too small" spam.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I don't think the agent is sitting up at 3am waiting for you to reply immediately.
                He probably submitted it in half a dozen hours earlier (the point of the thread).

Comment

My JobServe RSS feeds don't seem to be delayed at all.

Mind you, when people are offering £160/day for a developer gig in the City, I'm not sure they're worth checking

Comment

Working...
                  X