• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector pensions poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public sector pensions poll

Please contribute your yes vote to the poll; should public sector workers have to pay more to maintain the value of their pensions?. The poll is toward the right-hand corner of the page.
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    8.00%
    AndyW has offered himself to all the mods, to bribe them to subvert this kind of thing.
    12.00%

Originally posted by Addanc View Post
    Please contribute your yes vote to the poll; should public sector workers have to pay more to maintain the value of their pensions?. The poll is toward the right-hand corner of the page.
    I've added a poll because....

a) it's an abuse of moderator power
    b) it's a laff, innit.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Addanc View Post
      Why?
      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

A qualified NO. Those that joined a defined benefit scheme should have those obligations honoured. It was part of their contract.

Retrospectively removing those benefits is plain wrong. There is a case to renegotiate going forward - though this is a contractual change and the staff should either change it or claim constructive dismissal (which they should morally win).

New joiners however should not be able to join on those same terms - especially given PS salaries have risen to compensate for the differential between public and private sector pay.

Comment

There will be a general strike if you start touching them.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            There will be a general strike if you start touching them.
            How will we know?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

b) it's a laff, innit.
              a) = Yes
              b) = No

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

b) it's a laff, innit.
                a) Yes, what's the point of being a moderator otherwise????
                b) Yes!

Good AndyW option too.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Fecking Idiot.

Public Pensions (PP) are actually very good for the tax payer.

Remember that PP are like state pensions in that there is no actual pot of money just a notional amount.

Take my wife on 50K. She has 500 a month deducted and at the end of 40 years service will get a pension of aprox 20K.

If she paid into a 'pot' it would cost the council 1000 a month extra, 500 each in contributions. Over 40 years that would without compound interest amount to 480,000 which would take 24 years to run down. So my wife would have to live until 89 before she actually costs anything, way above the average life expectancy. The council are basically running an annunity heavily stacked in their favour ergo the taxpayers favour.

If council workers start paying into an external pension the wage bill would shoot up 20% for each employee.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Reasoned arguments have no place in General. Burn him.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                    X