• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trains and passengers.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trains and passengers.

Started new role last week, have to take the train to and from work. Not too bad really but tonight, it was a train to make you get back in your car.

First, the train ahead couldnt close the doors so couldnt move out of the station. Had to wait 30 mins before we were able to move on.

But worse, on our train was the usual dolies, fat wife with skinny skinhead husband, one young baby 18 month old obviously pissed off and tired screaming its lungs out until it fell asleep. Fair enough. But, they had another child in tow, a young daughter about 4 who was shouting her lungs out in competition with her mum. The mum even called the child a 'stupid cow'!

I fear for that child!

But the worst of the lot was this woman sat opposite me at the table. Why must they put their bag on one seat so no one can sit down on a packed train? I made the guy at the table move his bag so I could sit down. Do these people buy a ticket for their bags or something!?

Anyway, this woman obviously trying to impress, pretended to be working. She'd read one of those free advertising papers then write something in her notepad. Read some more then put something in her PDA.

Then she'd put everything in her bag for a minute, take a glugg of water and take another magazine out of the bag, read, scribble notes in a notepad and PDA. **** off, you;re doing my head in.

Now, where are my car keys!!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Why must they put their bag on one seat so no one can sit down on a packed train?
    You mean you don't play the game of looking out of the window or pretending to fall asleep whenever the train gets to a station, so nobody sits next to you?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

First class ticket, mp3 player and a mobile jammer. Will not get on a train without that in my survival bag.

Had to laugh when I seen the leader of the Scottish Tories sitting I second class the other day, she must be raging all the civil servants are still in first class.

Comment

I know what you mean, but there's no shortage of tossers on the roads - I bet PDA woman does that whilst she's driving too.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You mean you don't play the game of looking out of the window or pretending to fall asleep whenever the train gets to a station, so nobody sits next to you?
          Oh I do that in the morning but the train is empty for the first hour of the journey. Plenty of seats to choose from.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Carry an empty can of Special Brew and mutter to youself. Works for me!
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Try this..

When you're pulling out of station, wave to people. Pretend you're the queen...

Clapham junction is a good one for it all the trains on a go slow, people actually smile.

Sometimes I wonder through princess St gardens and wave to the arriving passengers, it's fun I tell you....
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Carry an empty can of Special Brew and mutter to youself. Works for me!
                The thread is about trains, not ClientCo offices

Comment

According to Stephen Fry, the best way to keep the seat next to you free, is, as soon as you see someone looking at it, invite them to sit by patting it, and smiling in a friendly matter.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    According to Stephen Fry, the best way to keep the seat next to you free, is, as soon as you see someone looking at it, invite them to sit by patting it, and smiling in a friendly matter.
                    I do that. People are often so sour on the trains, and it's nice to find someone willing to have a chat. Often end up with "the bag lady" though, typically telling me how all her kids have emigrated to New Zealand, although, IIRC, the last one was on her way home from seeing her psychiatrist.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X