• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV, add and kids ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV, add and kids ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3603235.stm

Not that I'm not taking this one seriosly, as I reckon too much of anything is a bad thing and using the telly as a babysitter is a bit of a cop out.

But FFS, I'm pretty sure most of us posting on this board grew up watching telly at under 2, with parents who smoked and drank when they were preggers and smoked in the house as well.

And you know what, most of us are ok.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Hmm.

Trust me for grabbing the most read bit from beeb. Article is 6 years old, sure all the kids involved in that one are well and truly FUBAR'd by now.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I watched lots of TV as a kid and it never did any harm to my short term memory, attention span, or my short term memory.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

At least nowadays, kids have 52" widescreen TVs to watch, so they don't sit so close.

In my day, we sat (literally) 50cm away from the TV because it was so small.

Can't have done our eyes much good staring at a screen so close all day.

Wait a minute, isn't that what we currently do all day at work....?

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
          At least nowadays, kids have 52" widescreen TVs to watch, so they don't sit so close.

In my day, we sat (literally) 50cm away from the TV because it was so small.

Can't have done our eyes much good staring at a screen so close all day.

Wait a minute, isn't that what we currently do all day at work....?
          I know one who has one 50+" in her bedroom, and another in her room at boarding school.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I watched lots of TV as a kid and it never did any harm to my short term memory, attention span, or my short term memory.

Comment

We didn't have a telly until I was 4, and then a colour one when I was twelve - we were not allowed to sit too close - my dad used to rant and rave about x-rays coming out of it - ironically he and my Mum used to smoke at least 20 a day each

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                We didn't have a telly until I was 4, and then a colour one when I was twelve - we were not allowed to sit too close - my dad used to rant and rave about x-rays coming out of it - ironically he and my Mum used to smoke at least 20 a day each
                drop 20 acid

Comment

OT, but it reminds me that this morning there was a girl smoking a spliff while waiting for the tram.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X