• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 months left....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 months left....

...and I'm "this" close to just quitting this awful project.

Someone talk me out of it, tell me how bad the market is, remind me about having to deal with ****** agents etc.

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Someone talk me out of it, tell me how bad the market is, remind me about having to deal with ****** agents etc.
    Think of the money and forget how awful the project is. It can't be worse than not working.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

The market is bad, and do you want to have to deal with agents again?

It's money. I think you have a child (not sure now I've said that) and if so, grit your teeth and keep the pennies rolling in...
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I feel your pain, I'm in the same situation apart from I've got 8 months left !

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          I feel your pain, I'm in the same situation apart from I've got 8 months left !
          Think of those poor people on the bench who'd give their right arm to be in your position....do it for them!
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

yeah, it was me that announced the baby arrival (Anna is 3 months old now and doing fantastic!)

and you are all absolutely correct, it is only about the money at the moment. It's pretty close to home too, and I know I shouldn't complain!

thanks!

Comment

I've decided I no longer like working in IT Departments with people who have no social skills and commercial knowledge whatsoever.

Presently going through negotiations so move into a senior Sales Operations role instead, where I can sit nicely between IT and Sales and act as an interpreter.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just think of the 3 month old baby. Enough said!
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Stick with it but start looking, then you can be on a tulip project and have agents on your case as well.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

yeah, it was me that announced the baby arrival (Anna is 3 months old now and doing fantastic!)

and you are all absolutely correct, it is only about the money at the moment. It's pretty close to home too, and I know I shouldn't complain!

thanks!
                    Ah lovely. There you go then, answered your own dilemma!
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X