• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to get to Berlin from Edinburgh....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to get to Berlin from Edinburgh....

Answer on a postcard... it's either 2 flights or 'Ryanair don't care' first thing in the morning, and I'm a man who likes my sleep...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Answer on a postcard... it's either 2 flights or 'Ryanair don't care' first thing in the morning, and I'm a man who likes my sleep...
    Give my mate David Hood a call here. He's got a very nice Boeing Business Jet.

Comment

Off the top of my head, Train to Leeds, 757 bus outside station to LBA, Jet2 to Berlin? Schonefeld tho - bloody miles away from the City centre....

Comment

Me too. I've solved my transport problem by getting my Sunday night's sleep in a hotel en route. Not a great way to live really.

Comment

Drive to Glasgow and catch the afternoon EasyJet flight.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Boat to Szczecin. Get a bus to Berlin, 1h 45 mins.

HTH
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Me too. I've solved my transport problem by getting my Sunday night's sleep in a hotel en route. Not a great way to live really.
              Just the beginning of the contract for this one. The wife shall be joining me in the next few weeks but in meantime it's 'not a great way to live' like you say...

Berlin will be fun though.

PS 2nd direct engagement!!
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

6am KLM flight I'll be in Berlin by 11am with a change in Amsterdam, £300 smackers though.

All done! Phew... that tool to long.

Comment

If it's a one-off, or you can spare extra time either from work or from your own time, there are other ways. Ferry Rosyth-Zeebrugge? Or just fly KLM, change in AMS. Of course the sleeper trains to London get you in too late to get to an airport for a morning flight, someday they'll think of sleeper trains to LHR.

I do a shorter journey of Bedfordshire to Cologne, but even that is difficult. So I take the train and stay in Brussels. I could stay in Gatwick instead but that would seem too bizarre. Or of course I could get up at 3:30 on monday morning, but that's no more like being at home on Sunday than leaving on Sunday evening is.

Comment

6am KLM flight I'll be in Berlin by 11am with a change in Amsterdam, £300 smackers though.

All done! Phew... that tool to long.

Comment

Working...
                    X