• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional Indemnity & Public Liability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional Indemnity & Public Liability

Hi All,

Can anyone point me in the direction of cheap Prof Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance?

Like car insurance I guess that quotes will vary in price from company to company and they will never pay out anyway!! Hopefully my work is of a standard where I wont need to count on either but I am required to have them with my latest contract!

Thanks

Try Caunce

http://www.caunceohara.co.uk/insuran...quote?tid=1083

Comment

Professional Passport offer Professional Indemnity Insurance on a pay as you go month by month basis (meaning you only pay for the months that you are on contract) if you are a member with them. This can be useful for shorter term contracts that are less than one year.

Comment

Prof Indemnity : QDOS http://www.qdosconsulting.com/shop/s...CatUID=1&tab=2
        Public Liability : Caunce O'Hara (as above)

Comment

Why don't you pull your finger out and start doing a bit of work instead of all these lazy posts. I want this I want that. Do a search. This question has been asked as much as the I want an accountant question. Places to get these also exist in the documentation on this site as well as on google....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well why dont you just ignore my posts if you have nothing constructive to say northerladuk!?

The nice people on here who have replied are very helpful. I dont see what you are doing other than trying to get on peoples nerves.

I have work to do and if I can ask a question which someone can reply to it saves me time. I see you must have nothing to do on the other hand when all the advice you can offer is not worth reading anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Sally BFCA View Post
              Professional Passport offer Professional Indemnity Insurance on a pay as you go month by month basis (meaning you only pay for the months that you are on contract) if you are a member with them. This can be useful for shorter term contracts that are less than one year.
              Bad idea. You need the insurance when you get sued, not when you're working. If you're on the bench and the writ turns up for work you did last month, you don't have any cover. Not clever.

It's a business expense, keep it up or don't have it at all. No point at all in turning it on or off, that's just wasting money.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

F1 Help button

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Why don't you pull your finger out and start doing a bit of work instead of all these lazy posts. I want this I want that. Do a search. This question has been asked as much as the I want an accountant question. Places to get these also exist in the documentation on this site as well as on google....
                If all the IT users did that a lot of us would be out of work.

Comment

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
                  I have work to do and if I can ask a question which someone can reply to it saves me time.
                  Whoop-di-doo, aren't you the clever one. Oddly enough, I have work to do as well, running a team of 50-odd support and development staff. You're not being clever, you're being lazy. Especially when everything you've asked to date can be found somewhere on this site. Ever heard of Google, for instance?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I have used Kingsbridge Professional Solutions in the past
                    http://www.kpsol.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X