• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You've never had it so good.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've never had it so good.

VAT in most EU countries is over 20%. Only Cyprus and Luxembourg have a standard rate lower than the UK's 17.5%.

Your taxes are low under Labour. What's to complain about?
    Step outside posh boy

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    VAT in most EU countries is over 20%. Only Cyprus and Luxembourg have a standard rate lower than the UK's 17.5%....
    Don't worry, if labour retain power, that'll soon change.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
      VAT in most EU countries is over 20%. Only Cyprus and Luxembourg have a standard rate lower than the UK's 17.5%.

Your taxes are low under Labour. What's to complain about?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Don't worry, if labour retain power, that'll soon change.
        And what excuse can they use? If the Tories win they can use the old 'once we saw just how bad the books were, we realised that immediate drastic action was needed, more so than we anticipated during the election campaign'.

What will labour say? 'Ok, we lied. Again.'

Comment

I don't think that any party should have more than 2 terms.

Tories went too far on 3 terms, let alone 4.

Labour have gone too far on 3.

I'm voting to prevent the extreme swings, from whatever party.

So all your flag-waving means booger-all to me.

HTH.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            And what excuse can they use? If the Tories win they can use the old 'once we saw just how bad the books were, we realised that immediate drastic action was needed, more so than we anticipated during the election campaign'.

What will labour say? 'Ok, we lied. Again.'
            In the current state of the world economy, it is necessary to take firm and immediate action in order to preserve our position, established since 1997, as one of the most successful and secure of the world's leading economies......blah blah blah

Comment

Or "Europe made us do it"
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Crisis? What crisis?

Comment

Tarkers is right as usual. You've never had it so good as in the last 15 years. And if you haven't made money it's your own bloody fault.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Tarkers is right as usual. You've never had it so good as in the last 15 years. And if you haven't made money it's your own bloody fault.
                    WHS.

You have to make (big) money in the boom, cos you sure are going to pay for the bust whether you benefitted or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X