• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winston Smith

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winston Smith

Mrs RH just brought this to my attention - he's an agency worker blogging about his work in supported housing services - and he's (ironically) tipped for the Orwell prize for a whole site of, IMHO, pure comedy gold:

http://winstonsmith33.blogspot.com/2...umps-care.html

It would be funny of it wasn't so sad.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Doomed etc.

I blame Harold Wilson & Roy Jenkins.

And the Beatles.
      What about Unit 4 Plus 2?

Comment

His grasp of English language is pretty good and I am surprised he is in that kind of a job.

Reminds me of an aquaintance of mine who had a plum job at a bank selling invstment funds of some sort. He was getting stressed during the recession and the pressure was full on. He then decided that he will chuck the job and do what he always wanted to do. So he joined this young offender's rehabilitation centre. Only lasted two weeks. He could not handle the stress and the trauma.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          It would be funny of it wasn't so sad.
          if

True - but it makes for some v entertaining reading.

This chap is gaining in popularity - newspapers quoting him and so on. I do hope, if he's outed, that he manages to get some good publicity doing so - for at first glance - he makes a great deal of sense, and the public sector could do with having some of it drummed into them.

Comment

read the lot, sad but reinforces my attitude to social services.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Doomed etc.

I blame Harold Wilson & Roy Jenkins.

And the Beatles.
              Surely not the beatles, after the Pope said they were OK after all.

Oh.

I see....

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                if

True - but it makes for some v entertaining reading.
                I find him a little toned down. Maybe he's working in the better places.

Ever wonder why the women who work in those places tend to have quite short hair? It's cause so many get a chunk literally pulled from their scalp, often for no apparent reason.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Ever wonder why the women who work in those places tend to have quite short hair? It's cause so many get a chunk literally pulled from their scalp, often for no apparent reason.
                  I had a shock back in the 80s when I went to register as self employed.

The social security office had jail like bars in between the customers and the staff. Judging by one loon who tried to tell me his life story while I was waiting, I could see why.

I wanted a stiff whisky when I came out, but I certainly wasn't going into any pub near that place.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I thought there were different queues for claimants and those who might be paying stuff in.Though it is 30 years or more since I was in a DSS office.
                    Paying some in?????
                    I think you will find that that particular phase of the operation is automated, and emanates from the salaries of the sort of people who, thankfully, never have to darken the doorsteps of such places!!

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X