• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It could happen to anyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could happen to anyone

A bloke on the train the other morning proudly showed the inspector his car parking ticket.

Oh well, I laughed anyway.

A couple of years ago I spent ages rooting around trying to find my ticket in a first class carriage to London. Finally I hauled out a ticket from one of the innermost pockets of my wallet, thinking "I don't remember putting it there" - only to discover it was a standard class ticket from Cheltenham to Bromsgrove from six years previously

The ticket collector (female) managed to avoid bursting out laughing, though only just, and told me it was OK and she'd give me time to find it so she could check it on her way back. The moment she turned away, I remembered that what with it being a warm day and my not wearing a jacket, I'd stuck it in my shirt pocket

In my defence, I hardly ever wear shirts with pockets, so I tend to forget they're there

Comment

Working...
    X